K Rajendra Kumar new DGP of Jammu and Kashmir
Srinagar: Senior IPS officer K Rajendra Kumar was Wednesday appointed as the new Director General of Jammu and Kashmir police, replacing Ashok Prasad who has been appointed as the Special Director of the Intelligence Bureau.
A 1984 batch IPS officer, Kumar`s appointment was cleared at a Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah here, officials said.
They said the Cabinet accorded sanction to Prasad`s repatriation to the Intelligence Bureau in New Delhi as the Centre had asked the state to relieve him after the completion of the Lok Saba election process.
Kumar, who hails from Andhra Pradesh, has held several positions like SSP Srinagar, IGP Jammu, IGP Kashmir and IGP CID and was presently Special Director General of Police (Coordination), Police Headquarters.
He has also served as interim DGP of the State for a short duration in 2012 after the retirement of Kuldeep Khoda, who now heads the State Vigilance Commission (SVC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state