Kanpur: Girl raped by Army jawan
Kanpur: A girl has been allegedly raped by an
Army jawan and his accomplices here at Jaamu village in Bidhun
here, police said on Friday.
The 15-year-old victim alleged that she was raped by
Brajendra and his associates last evening when she had gone to
the nearby fields to defecate, SP (Rural) Lal Bahadur said.
The accused who managed to flee after the incident also
threatened her of dire consequences if she reported the matter
to anyone, he said.
The girl has been sent for a medical examination and a
case has been registered against Brajendra and his associates.
However, prima facie it did not appear to be a case of
gangrape and police is waiting for her medical report, he
Relatives of the girl claimed that the police was trying
to hush up the matter.
Meanwhile, no arrests have been made so far and an
investigation is on to nab the accused, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Universe crowded with black holes predicted
- ISRO tells industry to enhance capacity to meet demand
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans