Kanpur: Girl raped by Army jawan
Kanpur: A girl has been allegedly raped by an
Army jawan and his accomplices here at Jaamu village in Bidhun
here, police said on Friday.
The 15-year-old victim alleged that she was raped by
Brajendra and his associates last evening when she had gone to
the nearby fields to defecate, SP (Rural) Lal Bahadur said.
The accused who managed to flee after the incident also
threatened her of dire consequences if she reported the matter
to anyone, he said.
The girl has been sent for a medical examination and a
case has been registered against Brajendra and his associates.
However, prima facie it did not appear to be a case of
gangrape and police is waiting for her medical report, he
Relatives of the girl claimed that the police was trying
to hush up the matter.
Meanwhile, no arrests have been made so far and an
investigation is on to nab the accused, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why