Kargil freezes at minus 25, lowest of the season
Srinagar: At minus 25 degrees Celsius, Kargil town in the Ladakh region on Monday recorded the lowest temperature of the season anywhere in Jammu and Kashmir so far as severe cold continued across the Valley, an official said.
"The present cold wave conditions are likely to continue for another three to four days across the Valley and the Ladakh region, although some cloudiness will develop Tuesday," Sonam Lotus, director of the local meteorological office said here.
At minus 25 degrees Celsius, Kargil recorded the lowest anywhere in the state this season.
The minimum temperature was minus 5 degrees Celsius in Srinagar, minus 14.2 degrees in Pahalgam, minus 12.5 degrees in Gulmarg, minus 10 degrees in south Kashmir`s Qazigund town, minus 23.4 degrees in Leh and minus 25 degrees Celsius in Kargil town Monday.
The highly slippery road conditions in the mornings and freezing of water taps due to sub-zero temperatures are some problems faced by the locals here these days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants
- SC asks Parsvnath to refund home buyers; builder says it can't repay
- Supreme Court admits plea to declare triple talaq illegal; issues notice to Centre
- Philippine govt, Communist rebels agree on indefinite truce: Norway