Kargil freezes at minus 25, lowest of the season
Srinagar: At minus 25 degrees Celsius, Kargil town in the Ladakh region on Monday recorded the lowest temperature of the season anywhere in Jammu and Kashmir so far as severe cold continued across the Valley, an official said.
"The present cold wave conditions are likely to continue for another three to four days across the Valley and the Ladakh region, although some cloudiness will develop Tuesday," Sonam Lotus, director of the local meteorological office said here.
At minus 25 degrees Celsius, Kargil recorded the lowest anywhere in the state this season.
The minimum temperature was minus 5 degrees Celsius in Srinagar, minus 14.2 degrees in Pahalgam, minus 12.5 degrees in Gulmarg, minus 10 degrees in south Kashmir`s Qazigund town, minus 23.4 degrees in Leh and minus 25 degrees Celsius in Kargil town Monday.
The highly slippery road conditions in the mornings and freezing of water taps due to sub-zero temperatures are some problems faced by the locals here these days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials