Kargil freezes at minus 25, lowest of the season
Srinagar: At minus 25 degrees Celsius, Kargil town in the Ladakh region on Monday recorded the lowest temperature of the season anywhere in Jammu and Kashmir so far as severe cold continued across the Valley, an official said.
"The present cold wave conditions are likely to continue for another three to four days across the Valley and the Ladakh region, although some cloudiness will develop Tuesday," Sonam Lotus, director of the local meteorological office said here.
At minus 25 degrees Celsius, Kargil recorded the lowest anywhere in the state this season.
The minimum temperature was minus 5 degrees Celsius in Srinagar, minus 14.2 degrees in Pahalgam, minus 12.5 degrees in Gulmarg, minus 10 degrees in south Kashmir`s Qazigund town, minus 23.4 degrees in Leh and minus 25 degrees Celsius in Kargil town Monday.
The highly slippery road conditions in the mornings and freezing of water taps due to sub-zero temperatures are some problems faced by the locals here these days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday