Kargil freezes at minus 25, lowest of the season
Srinagar: At minus 25 degrees Celsius, Kargil town in the Ladakh region on Monday recorded the lowest temperature of the season anywhere in Jammu and Kashmir so far as severe cold continued across the Valley, an official said.
"The present cold wave conditions are likely to continue for another three to four days across the Valley and the Ladakh region, although some cloudiness will develop Tuesday," Sonam Lotus, director of the local meteorological office said here.
At minus 25 degrees Celsius, Kargil recorded the lowest anywhere in the state this season.
The minimum temperature was minus 5 degrees Celsius in Srinagar, minus 14.2 degrees in Pahalgam, minus 12.5 degrees in Gulmarg, minus 10 degrees in south Kashmir`s Qazigund town, minus 23.4 degrees in Leh and minus 25 degrees Celsius in Kargil town Monday.
The highly slippery road conditions in the mornings and freezing of water taps due to sub-zero temperatures are some problems faced by the locals here these days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price