Kargil records season coldest night at minus 20 deg C
Srinagar: Kargil town in Jammu and Kashmir recorded season`s coldest night with the mercury settling at a low of minus 20 degrees Celsius even as most parts of the Valley witnessed a dip in night temperature.
"Kargil recorded minimum temperature of minus 20 degrees Celsius which is lowest for this winter," an official of the MeT department said.
The town in Ladakh region had yesterday recorded a low of minus 18.6 degrees Celsius.
Srinagar, the summer capital of the state, recorded a low of 0.3 degree Celsius, down by more than half a degree from yesterday?s 0.9 degrees Celsius.
Mercury in Qazigund - the gateway town to Kashmir valley - settled at minus 1.6 degree Celsius, slightly down from minus 1.2 degree Celsius the previous night.
Kokernag, in south Kashmir, recorded a low of minus 4.1 degrees Celsius as compared to the previous night?s minus 2.8 degrees Celsius, the official said.
The mercury in the tourist resort of Pahalgam plunged to minus 10.4 degrees Celsius as compared to minus 4.6 degrees Celsius the previous night.
The famous ski-resort of Gulmarg registered a low of minus 11.0 degrees Celsius, an decrease of of more than two degrees from minus 8.8 degrees Celsius the previous night.
Kupwara, in north Kashmir, recorded a low of 0.1 degree Celsius, as against the previous night`s 0.6 degree Celsius.
The official said the mercury in Leh, in the frontier region of Ladakh, dipped by more than four degrees to settle at a low of minus 13.0 degrees Celsius as against minus 8.6 degrees the previous night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?