Kargil to have University Campus
Jammu: Set to provide higher education to the mountain-locked Kargil district of Ladakh region, a Kashmir University Campus will be set up in the district and work on the project will begin in May 2012.
"Kargil will have a campus of the University of Kashmir. Construction of the Kargil University Campus is expected to commence from May-June 2012," officials of the state Higher Education Ministry said.
The campus is likely to be made functional from academic session 2014-15 subject to availability of resources and completion of building, they said.
For this purpose, 600 kanals (nearly 62 acres) of state land has been identified at Kargil and transferred to the University for establishment of its Kargil campus, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal