Kargil to have University Campus
Jammu: Set to provide higher education to the mountain-locked Kargil district of Ladakh region, a Kashmir University Campus will be set up in the district and work on the project will begin in May 2012.
"Kargil will have a campus of the University of Kashmir. Construction of the Kargil University Campus is expected to commence from May-June 2012," officials of the state Higher Education Ministry said.
The campus is likely to be made functional from academic session 2014-15 subject to availability of resources and completion of building, they said.
For this purpose, 600 kanals (nearly 62 acres) of state land has been identified at Kargil and transferred to the University for establishment of its Kargil campus, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'