Kargil to have University Campus
Jammu: Set to provide higher education to the mountain-locked Kargil district of Ladakh region, a Kashmir University Campus will be set up in the district and work on the project will begin in May 2012.
"Kargil will have a campus of the University of Kashmir. Construction of the Kargil University Campus is expected to commence from May-June 2012," officials of the state Higher Education Ministry said.
The campus is likely to be made functional from academic session 2014-15 subject to availability of resources and completion of building, they said.
For this purpose, 600 kanals (nearly 62 acres) of state land has been identified at Kargil and transferred to the University for establishment of its Kargil campus, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia