KAS officer absconding for two months arrested
Jammu: An officer of Kashmir Administrative
Services (KAS), who was absconding for the past two months in
connection with issuance of fake gun licenses, was arrested
during a raid at his relative`s house here, police said on Wednesday.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided the house of Salim
Sajjad in Dalpatian Mohalla area of the city last night and
arrested Choudhary Mukhtiyar, KAS officer and attached
Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of Mendhar.
A case was registered on February 7 this year in
connection with issuance of over 250 fake gun licenses by
Mukhtiyar during his posting as SDM, Mendhar and Assistant
Commissioner, Rajouri, the police said.
He has been sent to the Joint Interrogation Centre (JIC)
for questioning in connection with the fake gun license
racket, they said.
Eight persons, including a clerk of Rajouri district,
have already been arrested in this connection while two other
government clerks are absconding, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union