KAS officer absconding for two months arrested
Jammu: An officer of Kashmir Administrative
Services (KAS), who was absconding for the past two months in
connection with issuance of fake gun licenses, was arrested
during a raid at his relative`s house here, police said on Wednesday.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided the house of Salim
Sajjad in Dalpatian Mohalla area of the city last night and
arrested Choudhary Mukhtiyar, KAS officer and attached
Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of Mendhar.
A case was registered on February 7 this year in
connection with issuance of over 250 fake gun licenses by
Mukhtiyar during his posting as SDM, Mendhar and Assistant
Commissioner, Rajouri, the police said.
He has been sent to the Joint Interrogation Centre (JIC)
for questioning in connection with the fake gun license
racket, they said.
Eight persons, including a clerk of Rajouri district,
have already been arrested in this connection while two other
government clerks are absconding, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next