KAS officer absconding for two months arrested
Jammu: An officer of Kashmir Administrative
Services (KAS), who was absconding for the past two months in
connection with issuance of fake gun licenses, was arrested
during a raid at his relative`s house here, police said on Wednesday.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided the house of Salim
Sajjad in Dalpatian Mohalla area of the city last night and
arrested Choudhary Mukhtiyar, KAS officer and attached
Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of Mendhar.
A case was registered on February 7 this year in
connection with issuance of over 250 fake gun licenses by
Mukhtiyar during his posting as SDM, Mendhar and Assistant
Commissioner, Rajouri, the police said.
He has been sent to the Joint Interrogation Centre (JIC)
for questioning in connection with the fake gun license
racket, they said.
Eight persons, including a clerk of Rajouri district,
have already been arrested in this connection while two other
government clerks are absconding, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves