KAS officer absconding for two months arrested
Jammu: An officer of Kashmir Administrative
Services (KAS), who was absconding for the past two months in
connection with issuance of fake gun licenses, was arrested
during a raid at his relative`s house here, police said on Wednesday.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided the house of Salim
Sajjad in Dalpatian Mohalla area of the city last night and
arrested Choudhary Mukhtiyar, KAS officer and attached
Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of Mendhar.
A case was registered on February 7 this year in
connection with issuance of over 250 fake gun licenses by
Mukhtiyar during his posting as SDM, Mendhar and Assistant
Commissioner, Rajouri, the police said.
He has been sent to the Joint Interrogation Centre (JIC)
for questioning in connection with the fake gun license
racket, they said.
Eight persons, including a clerk of Rajouri district,
have already been arrested in this connection while two other
government clerks are absconding, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!