KAS officer absconding for two months arrested
Jammu: An officer of Kashmir Administrative
Services (KAS), who was absconding for the past two months in
connection with issuance of fake gun licenses, was arrested
during a raid at his relative`s house here, police said on Wednesday.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided the house of Salim
Sajjad in Dalpatian Mohalla area of the city last night and
arrested Choudhary Mukhtiyar, KAS officer and attached
Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of Mendhar.
A case was registered on February 7 this year in
connection with issuance of over 250 fake gun licenses by
Mukhtiyar during his posting as SDM, Mendhar and Assistant
Commissioner, Rajouri, the police said.
He has been sent to the Joint Interrogation Centre (JIC)
for questioning in connection with the fake gun license
racket, they said.
Eight persons, including a clerk of Rajouri district,
have already been arrested in this connection while two other
government clerks are absconding, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29