Kashmir: 39 bunkers removed from civilian areas
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Thursday
said that 39 bunkers have so far been removed this year from
civilian areas in the Kashmir Valley.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said this in a written
reply to the query of PDP`s Syed Basharat Bukhari in
The PDP leader had sought details about the 8-point
action plan announced by the Centre after the parliamentary
delegation`s visit to the state.
Unified Headquarter meetings have been held to review
deployment of security forces in the Valley and till now 39
bunkers have been removed from the civilian areas, he said.
Omar further said that two committees have already
been constituted, one in Jammu and one in Kashmir division,
to look into the areas where the Armed Forces Special
Powers Act (AFSPA) could be withdrawn.
The committees have held their meetings and the
deliberations of the committees are under consideration of the
government, he said.
As per the 8-point action plan, the state government
was requested to immediately convey a meeting of Unified
Command and to review deployment of security forces in the
Valley, especially Srinagar with particular reference to
descaling the number of bunkers, check-points in Srinagar and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?