Kashmir: 39 bunkers removed from civilian areas
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Thursday
said that 39 bunkers have so far been removed this year from
civilian areas in the Kashmir Valley.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said this in a written
reply to the query of PDP`s Syed Basharat Bukhari in
The PDP leader had sought details about the 8-point
action plan announced by the Centre after the parliamentary
delegation`s visit to the state.
Unified Headquarter meetings have been held to review
deployment of security forces in the Valley and till now 39
bunkers have been removed from the civilian areas, he said.
Omar further said that two committees have already
been constituted, one in Jammu and one in Kashmir division,
to look into the areas where the Armed Forces Special
Powers Act (AFSPA) could be withdrawn.
The committees have held their meetings and the
deliberations of the committees are under consideration of the
government, he said.
As per the 8-point action plan, the state government
was requested to immediately convey a meeting of Unified
Command and to review deployment of security forces in the
Valley, especially Srinagar with particular reference to
descaling the number of bunkers, check-points in Srinagar and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof