Kashmir: 4 militants killed in gunbattles
Srinagar: Four militants, including two from Lashker-e-Toiba (LeT), were killed in separate gunbattles with security forces in Kupwara and Kulgam districts of Kashmir
Valley on Monday, officials said.
The LeT militants were killed in a gunfight with a joint team of police and Rashtriya Rifles at Kaladrung in Yaripora area of Kulgam district, 85 kms from here, this afternoon, they said.
As per preliminary investigations, the slain militants were identified as Abu Huzaifa Mahi and his local accomplice Mohammad Saleem Ganai.
In another encounter, a police spokesman said two militants were killed when security forces confronted them at Bhawan forests in Zachaldara area of Handwara, 95 kms from
here, in the wee hours.
Their identity and affiliation could not be ascertained as the search operation in the area was on till evening, he said.
He also said that security forces recovered two AK assault rifles, six magazines, 90 rounds of ammunition and two hand grenades from the scene of the gunbattle.
Meanwhile, the militant killed in the encounter with security forces at Ahad Sahib locality of Sopore town, 55 kms from here, in Baramulla district yesterday has been identified as Irshad Ahmad Mir alias "Ammar", a resident of Gundbrat village of Sopore.
Mir was affiliated with Harkat-ul-Mujahideen (HuM) outfit, the officials said adding two hand grenades were recovered from the spot. A civilian was also injured injured in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray