Kashmir avalanches: Death toll reaches 19
Srinagar: The death toll in the recent twin avalanches in Kashmir Valley reached 19 as search teams on Monday found body of the last missing soldier in Gurez sector of
"One more body has been recovered during search operation this morning. All the bodies have now been recovered," an army spokesman said.
The workshop of 109 Infantry Brigade at Dawar in Bandipora on Wednesday night, near the Line of Control, was hit by a massive avalanche. Twenty-nine jawans were buried under the snow.
While 13 personnel were rescued, 13 bodies were recovered on Thursday. Earlier, the bodies of two missing jawans were retrieved from the debris of the avalanche on Friday and
Three army jawans were killed in another avalanche that hit an army camp in Sonamarg area of Central Kashmir Ganderbal district on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh