Kashmir avalanches: Death toll reaches 19
Srinagar: The death toll in the recent twin avalanches in Kashmir Valley reached 19 as search teams on Monday found body of the last missing soldier in Gurez sector of
"One more body has been recovered during search operation this morning. All the bodies have now been recovered," an army spokesman said.
The workshop of 109 Infantry Brigade at Dawar in Bandipora on Wednesday night, near the Line of Control, was hit by a massive avalanche. Twenty-nine jawans were buried under the snow.
While 13 personnel were rescued, 13 bodies were recovered on Thursday. Earlier, the bodies of two missing jawans were retrieved from the debris of the avalanche on Friday and
Three army jawans were killed in another avalanche that hit an army camp in Sonamarg area of Central Kashmir Ganderbal district on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what