Kashmir avalanches: Death toll reaches 19
Srinagar: The death toll in the recent twin avalanches in Kashmir Valley reached 19 as search teams on Monday found body of the last missing soldier in Gurez sector of
"One more body has been recovered during search operation this morning. All the bodies have now been recovered," an army spokesman said.
The workshop of 109 Infantry Brigade at Dawar in Bandipora on Wednesday night, near the Line of Control, was hit by a massive avalanche. Twenty-nine jawans were buried under the snow.
While 13 personnel were rescued, 13 bodies were recovered on Thursday. Earlier, the bodies of two missing jawans were retrieved from the debris of the avalanche on Friday and
Three army jawans were killed in another avalanche that hit an army camp in Sonamarg area of Central Kashmir Ganderbal district on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Coal scam: Court awards 3 years jail term to Rathi Steel CEO
- 'India more than capable of achieving 100 Smart City goal'
- APJ Abdul Kalam's look alike pays tribute to 'Missile Man' on first death anniversary
- Bus strike enters third day in Karnataka; schools remain shut
- Myanmar rebels hold rare meet as Suu Kyi yearns for peace