Kashmir Bar Association president re-arrested
Jammu: Police said they have re-arrested Kashmir Bar Association (KBA) president Mian Abdul Qayoom three days after he was released from jail following the quashing of his detention by the Jammu and Kashmir High Court.
Senior Superintendent of Police (Kathua) Gareeb Dass, said Qayoom was re-arrested as he was alleged to have instigated people to wage a war against the country during his custodial lockup in Hiranagar jail in Kathua district.
Qayoom was produced in the court of a judicial magistrate and sent to 10 days` judicial custody, the SSP said, adding that he was sent back to Kotbalwal jail in this district, from where he had been released. The KBA president had been shifted to Kotbalwal from Hiranagar jail in September.
Qayoom was released on November 27 after the High Court quashed his almost 5-month detention under the Public Safety Act (PSA).
The SSP said the case of waging war against the country was registered against Qayoom yesterday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video