Kashmir continues to freeze as cold wave conditions persist
Srinagar: Cold wave conditions continued in Kashmir as the mercury stayed below freezing point across the Valley on Saturday night.
Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, recorded a minimum of minus 1.6 degrees Celsius last night while Gulmarg was the coldest place in the Valley where mercury dipped to minus 10.6 degrees Celsius, a MET official said.
Pahalgam resort in south Kashmir recorded a low of minus 4.8 degrees Celsius followed by Qazigund (minus 3.2 degrees Celsius), Kokernag (minus 2.6 degrees Celsius) and Kupwara (minus 2.5 degrees Celsius), the official said.
Meanwhile, Leh town in Ladakh region was the coldest recorded place in the state where mercury fell to a low of minus 16.5 degrees Celsius while nearby Kargil town recorded minimum temperature of minus 14.2 degrees Celsius, the official said.
The MET official said weather is expected to remain mainly dry across the Valley over the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh