Kashmir continues to freeze as cold wave conditions persist
Srinagar: Cold wave conditions continued in Kashmir as the mercury stayed below freezing point across the Valley on Saturday night.
Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, recorded a minimum of minus 1.6 degrees Celsius last night while Gulmarg was the coldest place in the Valley where mercury dipped to minus 10.6 degrees Celsius, a MET official said.
Pahalgam resort in south Kashmir recorded a low of minus 4.8 degrees Celsius followed by Qazigund (minus 3.2 degrees Celsius), Kokernag (minus 2.6 degrees Celsius) and Kupwara (minus 2.5 degrees Celsius), the official said.
Meanwhile, Leh town in Ladakh region was the coldest recorded place in the state where mercury fell to a low of minus 16.5 degrees Celsius while nearby Kargil town recorded minimum temperature of minus 14.2 degrees Celsius, the official said.
The MET official said weather is expected to remain mainly dry across the Valley over the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!