Kashmir continues to freeze as cold wave conditions persist
Srinagar: Cold wave conditions continued in Kashmir as the mercury stayed below freezing point across the Valley on Saturday night.
Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, recorded a minimum of minus 1.6 degrees Celsius last night while Gulmarg was the coldest place in the Valley where mercury dipped to minus 10.6 degrees Celsius, a MET official said.
Pahalgam resort in south Kashmir recorded a low of minus 4.8 degrees Celsius followed by Qazigund (minus 3.2 degrees Celsius), Kokernag (minus 2.6 degrees Celsius) and Kupwara (minus 2.5 degrees Celsius), the official said.
Meanwhile, Leh town in Ladakh region was the coldest recorded place in the state where mercury fell to a low of minus 16.5 degrees Celsius while nearby Kargil town recorded minimum temperature of minus 14.2 degrees Celsius, the official said.
The MET official said weather is expected to remain mainly dry across the Valley over the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH