Kashmir continues to freeze as cold wave conditions persist
Srinagar: Cold wave conditions continued in Kashmir as the mercury stayed below freezing point across the Valley on Saturday night.
Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, recorded a minimum of minus 1.6 degrees Celsius last night while Gulmarg was the coldest place in the Valley where mercury dipped to minus 10.6 degrees Celsius, a MET official said.
Pahalgam resort in south Kashmir recorded a low of minus 4.8 degrees Celsius followed by Qazigund (minus 3.2 degrees Celsius), Kokernag (minus 2.6 degrees Celsius) and Kupwara (minus 2.5 degrees Celsius), the official said.
Meanwhile, Leh town in Ladakh region was the coldest recorded place in the state where mercury fell to a low of minus 16.5 degrees Celsius while nearby Kargil town recorded minimum temperature of minus 14.2 degrees Celsius, the official said.
The MET official said weather is expected to remain mainly dry across the Valley over the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday