Kashmir: Fresh tremors rock Bhaderwah
Bhaderwah: Fresh tremors on Thursday shook Bhaderwah Valley and adjoining areas of Doda district, triggering panic among locals rattled by a series of quakes.
The quake, measuring 4.2 on the Richter scale shook the area at 6.04 AM, an official of the MeT Department said.
Two aftershocks of lesser intensity were felt till 9.36 AM in the belt. However, there was no immediate report of any casualty or injury, officials said.
The tremors triggered panic in the district where people spent the night in the open due to the fear of quake.
Bhaderwah Valley has witnessed 15 tremors in the past three days with maximum 11 yesterday. While one tremor struck Bhadwerwah on April 31, 11 were felt yesterday and three today.
Two persons were killed, and 69, including 32 students, were injured and scores of buildings damaged in Doda and Kishtwar districts on Wednesday when an earthquake of moderate intensity shook the region.
The twin districts were the hardest hit where nearly 400 structures, including schools, hospitals and houses, developed cracks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- 150 soldiers, 2 canines - Bravehearts who rescued Lance Naik Koppad from Siachen Glacier