Kashmir: Fresh tremors rock Bhaderwah
Bhaderwah: Fresh tremors on Thursday shook Bhaderwah Valley and adjoining areas of Doda district, triggering panic among locals rattled by a series of quakes.
The quake, measuring 4.2 on the Richter scale shook the area at 6.04 AM, an official of the MeT Department said.
Two aftershocks of lesser intensity were felt till 9.36 AM in the belt. However, there was no immediate report of any casualty or injury, officials said.
The tremors triggered panic in the district where people spent the night in the open due to the fear of quake.
Bhaderwah Valley has witnessed 15 tremors in the past three days with maximum 11 yesterday. While one tremor struck Bhadwerwah on April 31, 11 were felt yesterday and three today.
Two persons were killed, and 69, including 32 students, were injured and scores of buildings damaged in Doda and Kishtwar districts on Wednesday when an earthquake of moderate intensity shook the region.
The twin districts were the hardest hit where nearly 400 structures, including schools, hospitals and houses, developed cracks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video