Kashmir government to act tough on staff strike
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday decided to act tough against its employees who have announced a protest from the day after to mount pressure on the government to implement their demands.
Besides regularisation of services of daily wagers, removal of pay anomalies, the employees are demanding enhancement of retirement age from the existing 58 to 60.
After the state government sought time during talks with its employees last week for the complete implementation of their demands, the staff unions have announced a plan to lay siege to the civil secretariat, hold a candlelight march and stay away from offices.
Chief Secretary Muhammad Iqbal Khanday expressed dismay over what he called the obstinacy exhibited by employees` union leaders regarding implementation of demands.
The state government has announced that the principle of "no work, no pay" would be invoked against the striking government employees.
The chief secretary said despite the best intentions of the government to meet most of the demands of the employees, the leaders of the union had shown unwarranted rigidity and announced the strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’