Kashmir grenade blast: One dead, one injured
Jammu: A 10-year-old boy was killed and his elder brother injured in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district Saturday as a live grenade they were playing with suddenly exploded, police said.
The two brothers - Iftikhar and Mukhtiar - were fiddling with a grenade which they had found in jungles near Mendhar town earlier in the day. While Iftikhar was killed in the blast, elder brother Mukhtiar was injured.
He was rushed to a hospital.
Mendhar lies close to the Line of Control (LoC) that divides Jammu and Kashmir between India and Pakistan. It is a favourite route for infiltrating militants, who usually dump in the jungle the large quantities of arms and ammunition they carry.
- Bipasha Basu – Karan Singh Grover wedding: New photos of pretty bride and handsome groom
- French, US jet fighters destroy Islamic State site in Iraq
- Five years on, bin Laden doctor languishes in Pakistan jail
- Modi govt more active on grievance mails: Know how it is helping in improving govt schemes
- Uttarakhand forest fire spreads, timber mafia's involvement suspected