Kashmir incomplete without Pandits: Shabir Shah
Srinagar: Separatist leader Shabir Shah on Thursday said Kashmir Valley is incomplete without Pandits and those who migrated after the eruption of militancy should return to their homeland.
"Kashmiri Pandits have always been a part of our culture and our history ... Kashmir is a garden and there are many flowers in here ...Kashmir is incomplete without the Pandits. Kashmiri Pandits should come back to their homes," Shah told reporters here.
The Kashmiri Pandits left their homes in early 1990, months after militancy broke out in the Valley. Though some have returned, many are still living in camps in Jammu.
He condemned the government`s scuttling of his recent visit to Jammu saying he was "forcibly deported from Jammu" to Srinagar.
Shah refuted reports that Hurriyat Conference will take part in the 2014 state Assembly elections.
Shah`s Democratic Freedom Party is a constituent of the moderate faction of Hurriyat Conference.
He favoured talks between India and Pakistan, saying the two countries should forge friendship and work on Confidence Building Measures.
He, however, insisted that the Kashmir is the "core issue" which should be resolved at priority basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now