Kashmir interlocutors meet Chidambaram
New Delhi: The three interlocutors on Kashmir on Friday met Union Home Minister P Chidambaram and discussed the report the team is expected to submit by end of next month.
The meeting, in which all the three interlocutors Dileep Padgaonkar, Radha Kumar and MM Ansari were present, discussed the progress of their mission and it lasted for well over an hour.
The meeting comes after Padgaonkar and Kumar had come under severe criticism from Ansari, for attending the conferences abroad which were organised by Pakistan`s ISI-run groups and individuals including Ghulam Nabi Fai.
Ansari`s views came after the arrest of Fai in the US for receiving funds from ISI to organise conferences on Kashmir. Padgaonkar was one of the invitees in one such conference held in early 2000.
His views had led to strong reaction from Kumar who had shot off a letter to Chidambaram terming this as a "smear campaign".
However, today no one spoke about the differences and said the idea of the meeting was to focus on finalising the report.
"We were tying up the loose ends and finalizing our visit to Jammu and Kashmir before we submit our final report possibly by September-end," Padgaonkar said.
Ansari also said the meeting was called to finalise the forthcoming visit to the Valley after holy month of Ramzan.
Asked about the differences, Ansari said, "There are no differences when it comes to work. I have always maintained that we have cordial work relations."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city