Kashmir interlocutors report to be made public: PC
New Delhi: Union Home Minister P Chidambaram
on Saturday said report of the interlocutors on Kashmir would "see
the light" early in new financial year once a presentation is
made before the Cabinet Committee on Security.
Talking to reporters after presenting a monthly report of
his ministry, Chidambaram said National Security Advisor Shiv
Shanker Menon "is trying to schedule a meeting".
"I am hopeful it will see the light...early in new
financial year (starting on April 1). We are trying to
schedule a meeting of the CCS.
"You know there were many, many events in the last three
or four months. We are trying to schedule a meeting of the
CCS. I think NSA is trying to schedule a meeting and there is
a full discussion on CCS," he said and added he stood firm on
his commitment to make the report public.
The interlocutors on Jammu and Kashmir comprising noted
journalist Dilip Padgaonkar, academician Radha Kumar and M M
Ansari, had submitted their report to Chidambaram on October
12 last year in which they touched on a variety of issues
including the controversial Armed Forces Special Powers Act
confronting the state.
It was expected that an all-party meeting would be called
to discuss the report of the interlocutors but only after CCS
takes a view on that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India