Kashmir lashed with rain and fresh snow
Srinagar: The minimum temperatures in most parts across Kashmir Valley settled above the freezing point, even as the plains were lashed by light to moderate rains and the famous ski resort of Gulmarg received fresh snowfall.
Gulmarg, a popular tourist destination in north Kashmir, received a snowfall of six inches and recorded a minimum temperature of -7 degree Celsius last night, while Pahalgam in south Kashmir recorded a low of -1.4 degree Celsius, a Met department official said.
Srinagar recorded a minimum temperature of 3.1 degree Celsius, up from the previous night`s 2.7 degree Celsius.
The gateway town of Qazigund recorded minimum temperature of 1 degree Celsius, while the minimum in Kokernag settled at 0.1 degree Celsius.
Kupwara recorded a low of 1.5 degree Celsius. Leh and Kargil towns in the cold desert region of Ladakh shivered at -6.2 degree Celsius and -10.2 degree Celsius respectively, slightly above the previous night`s temperature, the Met spokesman said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference