Kashmir lashed with rain and fresh snow
Srinagar: The minimum temperatures in most parts across Kashmir Valley settled above the freezing point, even as the plains were lashed by light to moderate rains and the famous ski resort of Gulmarg received fresh snowfall.
Gulmarg, a popular tourist destination in north Kashmir, received a snowfall of six inches and recorded a minimum temperature of -7 degree Celsius last night, while Pahalgam in south Kashmir recorded a low of -1.4 degree Celsius, a Met department official said.
Srinagar recorded a minimum temperature of 3.1 degree Celsius, up from the previous night`s 2.7 degree Celsius.
The gateway town of Qazigund recorded minimum temperature of 1 degree Celsius, while the minimum in Kokernag settled at 0.1 degree Celsius.
Kupwara recorded a low of 1.5 degree Celsius. Leh and Kargil towns in the cold desert region of Ladakh shivered at -6.2 degree Celsius and -10.2 degree Celsius respectively, slightly above the previous night`s temperature, the Met spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf