Kashmir lashed with rain and fresh snow
Srinagar: The minimum temperatures in most parts across Kashmir Valley settled above the freezing point, even as the plains were lashed by light to moderate rains and the famous ski resort of Gulmarg received fresh snowfall.
Gulmarg, a popular tourist destination in north Kashmir, received a snowfall of six inches and recorded a minimum temperature of -7 degree Celsius last night, while Pahalgam in south Kashmir recorded a low of -1.4 degree Celsius, a Met department official said.
Srinagar recorded a minimum temperature of 3.1 degree Celsius, up from the previous night`s 2.7 degree Celsius.
The gateway town of Qazigund recorded minimum temperature of 1 degree Celsius, while the minimum in Kokernag settled at 0.1 degree Celsius.
Kupwara recorded a low of 1.5 degree Celsius. Leh and Kargil towns in the cold desert region of Ladakh shivered at -6.2 degree Celsius and -10.2 degree Celsius respectively, slightly above the previous night`s temperature, the Met spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi