Kashmir lashed with rain and fresh snow
Srinagar: The minimum temperatures in most parts across Kashmir Valley settled above the freezing point, even as the plains were lashed by light to moderate rains and the famous ski resort of Gulmarg received fresh snowfall.
Gulmarg, a popular tourist destination in north Kashmir, received a snowfall of six inches and recorded a minimum temperature of -7 degree Celsius last night, while Pahalgam in south Kashmir recorded a low of -1.4 degree Celsius, a Met department official said.
Srinagar recorded a minimum temperature of 3.1 degree Celsius, up from the previous night`s 2.7 degree Celsius.
The gateway town of Qazigund recorded minimum temperature of 1 degree Celsius, while the minimum in Kokernag settled at 0.1 degree Celsius.
Kupwara recorded a low of 1.5 degree Celsius. Leh and Kargil towns in the cold desert region of Ladakh shivered at -6.2 degree Celsius and -10.2 degree Celsius respectively, slightly above the previous night`s temperature, the Met spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- TN polls: DMK promises metro rail service for Coimbatore
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015
- Motorola expected to launch Moto G (4th Gen) handset on May 17