Kashmir lashed with rain and fresh snow
Srinagar: The minimum temperatures in most parts across Kashmir Valley settled above the freezing point, even as the plains were lashed by light to moderate rains and the famous ski resort of Gulmarg received fresh snowfall.
Gulmarg, a popular tourist destination in north Kashmir, received a snowfall of six inches and recorded a minimum temperature of -7 degree Celsius last night, while Pahalgam in south Kashmir recorded a low of -1.4 degree Celsius, a Met department official said.
Srinagar recorded a minimum temperature of 3.1 degree Celsius, up from the previous night`s 2.7 degree Celsius.
The gateway town of Qazigund recorded minimum temperature of 1 degree Celsius, while the minimum in Kokernag settled at 0.1 degree Celsius.
Kupwara recorded a low of 1.5 degree Celsius. Leh and Kargil towns in the cold desert region of Ladakh shivered at -6.2 degree Celsius and -10.2 degree Celsius respectively, slightly above the previous night`s temperature, the Met spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Who said what on Anil Kumble's appointment as Team India's head coach
- 78 dead, 200 badly hurt in extreme weather in eastern China
- Watch this interesting movie-like trailer for NASA's Juno mission!
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report