Kashmir legislators` salaries to go up
Jammu: Legislators in Jammu and Kashmir are set to get higher salaries in September as a pending bill seeking enhancement in their emoluments would be brought in the autumn session of the legislature.
The session is likely to take place sometime next month after the festival of Id-ul-Fitr, marking the end of the Muslim month of fasting of Ramadan.
According to official sources, the bill, which seeks to enhance the salaries of MLAs and MLCs, would be placed before the assembly in the next session.
Since there is general support for the bill in both houses of the state legislature, it is expected to be passed. The Lok Sabha on Friday passed a similar bill hiking the salary of MPs from Rs 16,000 to Rs 50,000.
The state legislators, as per the proposals of the bill, would be entitled to emoluments of Rs 60,000 per month as against Rs 40,000 they are getting presently.
The bill was introduced in the house in March this year, but it could not be taken up for discussion then because more than 4.5 lakh employees of the state government were on strike demanding implementation of the Sixth Pay Commission recommendations.
The employees had questioned the government`s proposal for hiking the salaries of legislators.
Now since the issue of payment of salaries and arrears for the employees has been settled, the bill would be taken up for discussion and passage in the next session of the legislature, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly