Kashmir Pandits meet Omar to discuss Hindu Shrines Bill
Jammu: A delegation of Kashmir Pandits on Wednesday met Chief Minister Omar Abdullah to discuss the delay in the passage of Hindu Shrines Bill.
Members of Prem Nath Bhat Memorial Trust Nodal Agency led by its chairman, A N Pandit, called on the chief minister to discuss matters relating to the welfare of the community.
The delegation, among other issues, discussed in detail about the Kashmiri Hindu Shrines and Religious Places Bill and demanded its early passage.
In the recent budget session, the J&K Assembly had sent the bill to a Select Committee of the House, amid opposition by some members who sought its passage in the original form.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him