Kashmir Panthers Party protesters arrested
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party held a strong against the Omar Abdulllah government for its alleged anti-Jammu policy on Thursday, the opening day of the Budget Session of the state legislature.
The demonstration led by the party chairman Bhim Singh shouted slogans against the state government and demanded its dismissal without any further delay. The demonstrators were marching towards the legislative Assembly complex when the police intercepted and arrested them.
"We will continue to protest against anti-Jammu policies of the state government," said Bhim Singh when he was being arrested along with his supporters.
"Our struggle is on, and the best way to deliver justice to all the three regions of Jammu and Kashmir, is the reorganisation of the state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145