Kashmir sarpanch lied about being shot: Police
Srinagar: In an interesting twist to a local sarpanch`s allegations that separatist gunmen had shot him, police sources on Friday said he had lied about being shot.
Noor Muhammad, a deputy sarpanch (village head) in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district, Wednesday alleged that he was shot at in a local mosque, injuring him in the arm.
Police sources said doctors who gave Muhammad first aid had expressed doubts about the injury having been inflicted by a bullet.
"Doctors said the injured man had visible burn marks, which he claimed was a bullet injury. Samples have been sent to the forensic lab and if proved wrong, the sarpanch would be booked for giving false information to police. He can face imprisonment of three months," a source said.
In another development, police released three people they had picked up on suspicion of attacking the sarpanch.
Police sources said that it was being probed whether the sarpanch intended to settle some personal scores by accusing them of shooting him.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Efforts to be made to restore NMNH specimens: Javadekar
- Check out! These are the top 10 defaulters in India; Kingfisher Airlines at No. 9?
- Shades of DMK promises in Cong manifesto for TN polls
- Chewbacca is not just a Star Wars character's name anymore!
- PM Modi should spend a day each in drought-hit places: Shiv Sena