Kashmir still shivers, Gulmarg coldest at minus 10
Srinagar: The north Kashmir ski resort of Gulmarg witnessed its coldest night of the season with a low of minus 10 degrees Celsius while the strategic Srinagar-Jammu national highway remained open for two-way traffic on Thursday.
"The minimum temperature in south Kashmir`s Pahalgam hill station fell to minus 6.7 degrees, it was 1.4 degrees in Srinagar, 8.2 in Jammu, and it was minus 4.4 degrees in Leh town of Ladakh region," a Met department official said.
"Light rain and snow is likely to occur at many places in the valley during the next 24 hours (until Friday)," the official said.
Meanwhile, vehicles were allowed to move from both Srinagar and Jammu on the strategic Srinagar-Jammu national highway, traffic officials said here.
The over 300-km long highway is the Valley`s only road link to the rest of the country and all the essential supplies to the valley are routed through this road. The other road link, through the Rohtang Pass in the eastern Pir Panjal ranges of Himachal Pradesh, closes with the onset of winter and heavy snows.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you