Kashmir still shivers, Gulmarg coldest at minus 10
Srinagar: The north Kashmir ski resort of Gulmarg witnessed its coldest night of the season with a low of minus 10 degrees Celsius while the strategic Srinagar-Jammu national highway remained open for two-way traffic on Thursday.
"The minimum temperature in south Kashmir`s Pahalgam hill station fell to minus 6.7 degrees, it was 1.4 degrees in Srinagar, 8.2 in Jammu, and it was minus 4.4 degrees in Leh town of Ladakh region," a Met department official said.
"Light rain and snow is likely to occur at many places in the valley during the next 24 hours (until Friday)," the official said.
Meanwhile, vehicles were allowed to move from both Srinagar and Jammu on the strategic Srinagar-Jammu national highway, traffic officials said here.
The over 300-km long highway is the Valley`s only road link to the rest of the country and all the essential supplies to the valley are routed through this road. The other road link, through the Rohtang Pass in the eastern Pir Panjal ranges of Himachal Pradesh, closes with the onset of winter and heavy snows.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city