Kashmir tense over `mysterious` death of student
Srinagar: Tension gripped south Kashmir`s Pulwama district on Sunday after reports of a Kashmiri student`s death, in Hyderabad, under mysterious circumstances, spread in Srinagar.
Markets were shut and traffic went off the roads as the news of the mysterious death of a student belonging to Parigam village of Pulwama spread in the district. The student was enrolled in an institute in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
Reports reaching in Srinagar said Mudasir, the Kashmiri student, was found dead in his room under mysterious circumstances on Sunday morning.
Local police said they were in touch with the authorities in Hyderabad to ascertain the facts of the matter.
Police and central reserve police force (CRPF) in full riot gear was moved out in Pulwama town and other parts of the district to tackle the sensitive law and order issue.
Stray incidents of stone pelting by angry youths occurred in some parts of the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?