Kashmir tense over `mysterious` death of student
Srinagar: Tension gripped south Kashmir`s Pulwama district on Sunday after reports of a Kashmiri student`s death, in Hyderabad, under mysterious circumstances, spread in Srinagar.
Markets were shut and traffic went off the roads as the news of the mysterious death of a student belonging to Parigam village of Pulwama spread in the district. The student was enrolled in an institute in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
Reports reaching in Srinagar said Mudasir, the Kashmiri student, was found dead in his room under mysterious circumstances on Sunday morning.
Local police said they were in touch with the authorities in Hyderabad to ascertain the facts of the matter.
Police and central reserve police force (CRPF) in full riot gear was moved out in Pulwama town and other parts of the district to tackle the sensitive law and order issue.
Stray incidents of stone pelting by angry youths occurred in some parts of the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre