Kashmir: Three militants killed in encounter
Srinagar: Three militants were killed in an encounter with security forces in Bandipora district of north Kashmir Thursday morning.
The gunbattle broke out in the forest area of Bandipora, 75 kms here, when the militants opened fire on a search party of the security forces, a defence spokesman said.
He said three militants, who are yet to be identified, were killed in the gunbattle that was still going on when reports last came in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations