Kashmir: Three militants killed in encounter
Srinagar: Three militants were killed in an encounter with security forces in Bandipora district of north Kashmir Thursday morning.
The gunbattle broke out in the forest area of Bandipora, 75 kms here, when the militants opened fire on a search party of the security forces, a defence spokesman said.
He said three militants, who are yet to be identified, were killed in the gunbattle that was still going on when reports last came in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another