Kashmir University plans to introduce Chinese language at IFL
Srinagar: Kashmir University is planning to introduce Chinese language as a subject at its Institute of Foreign Languages (IFL), Vice Chancellor Talat Ahmad has said.
"Besides German, French and Russian already being taught at IFL, we are contemplating to introduce Chinese at the institute soon," Ahmad said at a function in the varsity last evening.
Ahmad said that students of different languages at IFL have lot of job potential and expressed hope that the institute is able to create a workforce in the languages taught, including German.
The VC said that the university has plans for the expansion of IFL and advised the outgoing batch of the students of German language to take full advantage of the placement avenues created in the recent times at the university.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site
- Court rejects Ohio law that bans police from sex with minors
- Democrats speaking about world that does not exist: Trump