Kashmir Valley gets respite from biting cold condi
Srinagar: Cold wave conditions in Kashmir today abated as the night temperatures continued the upward trend, much to the respite of Valley residents.
The minimum temperature in Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, settled at 4.1 degrees Celsius last night, up from 3.1 degrees Celsius the previous night, an official of the MET department said.
The gateway town of Qazigund in south Kashmir also registered an upward movement of the mercury as night temperature settled at 2.6 degrees Celsius, up from 0.8 degree Celsius yesterday, he said.
The night temperature in Kokernag increased slightly to settle at a low of 1.1 degrees Celsius, as against the previous night’s 0.8 degrees Celsius, he said.
The spokesman said that in north Kashmir`s Kupwara town, where the previous night`s low was minus 0.6 degrees Celsius, the minimum temperature settled above the freezing point at 1.7 degrees Celsius during the night.
He said the Gulmarg skiing resort in north Kashmir recorded a low of minus 7.0 degrees Celsius, while Pahalgam health resort in south recorded a low of minus 3.2 degrees Celsius.
Leh and Kargil towns in Ladakh region continued to reel under severe cold. While Kargil recorded a low of minus 10.4 degrees Celsius, the mercury settled at minus 6.4 degrees Celsius in Leh town.
The weatherman has forecast heavy snowfall across Kashmir Valley over the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing