Kashmir Valley remains under cold wave`s grip
Srinagar: The Kashmir Valley continues to be in the grip of severe cold wave with minimum temperature across the region remaining several degrees below freezing
The minimum temperature in Srinagar was recorded at minus 4.6 degrees Celsius, an slight increase of 0.2 degrees from last night, a MeT official said.
South Kashmir`s tourist resort of Pahalgam remained the coldest place in the Valley as minimum temperature there fell to minus 13.2 degrees Celsius, a drop of one degree from yesterday`s recorded temperature.
In the Gulmarg skiing resort, the minimum temperature was recorded at minus 11.2 degrees Celsius, marking a increase of 1.3 degrees from yesterday, the official said.
Qazigund town, which acts as the gateway to Kashmir Valley, recorded a freezing night with minimum temperature dropping to minus 9.9 degrees Celsius.
Kupwara frontier town in north Kashmir recorded a low of minus 5.6 degrees Celsius, the official said.
Leh town in remote Ladakh region recorded minus 18.6 deg Celsius, which was a drop of 1.4 deg Celsius from yesterday, he said. Adjoining Kargil town recorded a low of minus 20.2 deg Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test