Kashmir Valley remains under cold wave`s grip
Srinagar: The Kashmir Valley continues to be in the grip of severe cold wave with minimum temperature across the region remaining several degrees below freezing
The minimum temperature in Srinagar was recorded at minus 4.6 degrees Celsius, an slight increase of 0.2 degrees from last night, a MeT official said.
South Kashmir`s tourist resort of Pahalgam remained the coldest place in the Valley as minimum temperature there fell to minus 13.2 degrees Celsius, a drop of one degree from yesterday`s recorded temperature.
In the Gulmarg skiing resort, the minimum temperature was recorded at minus 11.2 degrees Celsius, marking a increase of 1.3 degrees from yesterday, the official said.
Qazigund town, which acts as the gateway to Kashmir Valley, recorded a freezing night with minimum temperature dropping to minus 9.9 degrees Celsius.
Kupwara frontier town in north Kashmir recorded a low of minus 5.6 degrees Celsius, the official said.
Leh town in remote Ladakh region recorded minus 18.6 deg Celsius, which was a drop of 1.4 deg Celsius from yesterday, he said. Adjoining Kargil town recorded a low of minus 20.2 deg Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report