‘Kashmir will witness uprising if AFSPA revoked’
Srinagar: Amidst a polarised debate over the
revocation of the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act from parts
of Jammu and Kashmir, hard line Hurriyat faction on Saturday said if
"black laws" are revoked, Kashmir will witness an "uprising
against the military rule".
"If Disturbed Areas Act, Public Safety Act and AFSPA are
lifted then there will be a public uprising," Hurriyat spokesman Ayaz Akbar said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof