Kashmir witnesses freezing night
Srinagar: Kashmir witnessed a freezing Wednesday night as temperatures across the region plunged below zero degree while the skiing resort of Gulmarg experienced one of the coldest nights of the valley this winter season.
Gulmarg in north Kashmir recorded a minimum of minus 8.7 degrees Celsius, a MeT official said.
In the summer capital Srinagar, the minimum temperature plunged to minus 2.6 degrees Celsius, he said.
The mercury dipped to a low of minus 3.8 degrees Celsius in south Kashmir`s Pahalgam resort.
South Kashmir`s gateway town of Qazigund froze at a minimum temperature of minus 2.4 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature in north Kashmir frontier Kupwara district plunged to a low of minus 3.2 degrees Celsius, he said.
In the remote Leh district of Ladakh region, the mercury plunged to a low of minus 9.0 degrees Celsius, while in the adjoining Kargil district the mercury dipped to minus 12.0 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray