Kashmiri Pandits back proposal of satellite city
Jammu: Kashmiri Pandits on Friday strongly
backed the proposal of a wholesome Satellite City for the
return and rehabilitation of the community in the Valley.
The proposal was floated by the Global Meet of Pandits
led by Moti Kaul, President All India Kashmiri Samaj (AIKS),
which resolved that the only justifiable option for their
return is a wholesome Satellite City for the entire community.
The city should be self-sufficient in terms of overall
infrastructure, economic avenues, adequate land, decent
accommodation, educational institutions, medical care,
recreation centers and commercial infrastructures, it mooted.
Kaul, expressed satisfaction at the outcome of the Meet
and urged upon the governments, both at the centre and the
state, to act decisively on the resolutions passed by the
entire Pandit community.
Several organisations of Kashmiri Pandits are firmly
unanimous in returning to their millennia-old Valley habitat
and supported the resolve of Global meet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'