Kashmiri Pandits commemorate Homeland Day
Jammu: Panun Kashmir, a body representing
Kashmiri Pandits, commemorated `Homeland Day` on Wednesday to mark
the 20th anniversary of Margdarshan, a resolution adopted by
the community members for the creation of a separate homeland
in the Valley.
"We demand homeland for displaced Kashmir Pandits in the
Valley. We will continue our fight till we achieve it,"
Displaced KP leader Sheela Handoo told reporters here.
`Margdarshan (revelation)` resolution passed in 1991
advocates a separate homeland for seven lakh displaced
Kashmiri Pandits on the north and east of river Jhelum.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India