Kashmiri Pandits commemorate Homeland Day
Jammu: Panun Kashmir, a body representing
Kashmiri Pandits, commemorated `Homeland Day` on Wednesday to mark
the 20th anniversary of Margdarshan, a resolution adopted by
the community members for the creation of a separate homeland
in the Valley.
"We demand homeland for displaced Kashmir Pandits in the
Valley. We will continue our fight till we achieve it,"
Displaced KP leader Sheela Handoo told reporters here.
`Margdarshan (revelation)` resolution passed in 1991
advocates a separate homeland for seven lakh displaced
Kashmiri Pandits on the north and east of river Jhelum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September