Kashmiri Pandits commemorate Homeland Day
Jammu: Panun Kashmir, a body representing
Kashmiri Pandits, commemorated `Homeland Day` on Wednesday to mark
the 20th anniversary of Margdarshan, a resolution adopted by
the community members for the creation of a separate homeland
in the Valley.
"We demand homeland for displaced Kashmir Pandits in the
Valley. We will continue our fight till we achieve it,"
Displaced KP leader Sheela Handoo told reporters here.
`Margdarshan (revelation)` resolution passed in 1991
advocates a separate homeland for seven lakh displaced
Kashmiri Pandits on the north and east of river Jhelum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation