Kashmiri Pandits commemorate Homeland Day
Jammu: Panun Kashmir, a body representing
Kashmiri Pandits, commemorated `Homeland Day` on Wednesday to mark
the 20th anniversary of Margdarshan, a resolution adopted by
the community members for the creation of a separate homeland
in the Valley.
"We demand homeland for displaced Kashmir Pandits in the
Valley. We will continue our fight till we achieve it,"
Displaced KP leader Sheela Handoo told reporters here.
`Margdarshan (revelation)` resolution passed in 1991
advocates a separate homeland for seven lakh displaced
Kashmiri Pandits on the north and east of river Jhelum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore