Kashmiri Pandits demand PM Employment Package
Jammu: Several Kashmiri Pandit youths on Thursday
held demonstration against the state government for "delay" in
implementation of Prime Minister`s employment package for
youths of the displaced community.
"The employment package was announced long back in April,
2008 by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, but still it has not
been fully implemented in the state," Youth All India Kashmiri
Samaj (YAIKS) president R K Bhat told reporters here.
He said that of the 6,000 jobs announced under the
package, only 1,438 posts have been filled so far.
"It clearly shows discrimination against the KP youths at
the hands of State administration...since the last two decades
after KPs displacement, we have not been given our employment
share in the state and central governments," Bhat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday