Kashmiri Pandits mulling to take up their issues with other countries
Jammu: Expressing concern over the Centre`s alleged apathy towards Kashmiri Pandits, an organisation representing the community on Thursday said they will raise their concerns with other countries.
"We are planning to take up our issues with different countries through their embassies in the Union capital," chairman of the Voice of KPs, Roshan Lal Raina, told reporters here today.
He said they were also exploring the possibility of building a satellite township for members of the migrant community in other parts of the country.
"Our organisation would shortly send delegations to other parts of the country for exploring possibilities of building satellite townships for KPs living in distress in the state," Raina said.
Referring to the recent declaration by government in Parliament about the return of KPs to the Valley, Raina said, "The apathy of the authorities is indicated by the fact that migrants have not returned to Kashmir despite PM`s package worth over Rs 18,00 crore."
Parliament was recently informed by the government that only one family has so far returned and settled in the Valley.
Raina also alleged that state authorities had failed to implement the employment package for 6,000 youths of the community.
"Only 1,600 to 1,800 boys and girls among KPs have been provided jobs in the Valley, that too with a rider, that they have to serve only in Kashmir till their retirement," he said.
Emphasising the long power cuts at the Jagti township in the outskirts of the city, Raina said people living in camps could not afford electric bills and government was "punishing them" by not providing electricity for more than six hours in a day.
"The health of the inmates of the township is affected badly due to non-availability of basic amenities," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe