Kashmiri Pandits outfit displeased over `measly` relief amount
Jammu: Expressing displeasure over the "measly" amount as relief for displaced Kashmiri Pandits, an organisation of the community today demanded the payment to be linked to cost of price index for a permanent solution to the issue.
"We express serious displeasure over the quantum of relief enhanced to the relief holders of displaced Kashmir Pandits community," said Ashwani Kumar Chrungoo, President of `Panun Kashmir`.
The Government of India had enhanced relief amount by Rs 400 per person to Rs 1650 per person from Rs 1250 person.
The maximun increase per family is of Rs 1600 and currently stands at Rs 6600, up from Rs 5000 since July 2012.
Chrungoo appealed to the government to link the payment of relief with the cost of price index as a permanent solution to the issue.
He also demanded that the arrears of enhanced relief for seven months be paid to relief holders immediately along with the amount of the current month, keeping in view the festival of Mahashivratri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy