Kashmiri Pandits` rehabilitation: J&K demands enhanced package from Centre
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government on Wednesday reiterated its demand to the Centre for enhancing the package for the return and rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits in the Valley.
"The Cabinet which met under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah reiterated its earlier decision regarding the enhancement of relief package for the return and rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits," an official spokesman said after the meeting.
The spokesman said the Cabinet also asked the Revenue Department to work out the modalities for the implementation of the package and send it to the Union Government.
In another decision, the Cabinet approved restructuring of the Auxiliary Police Battalions, which are now known as State Disaster Response Force (SDRF).
The spokesman said sanction was accorded to the creation of 60 posts of different categories by corresponding reduction of 86 posts in the two Auxiliary Police Battalions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon