Kashmiri Pandits` rehabilitation: J&K demands enhanced package from Centre
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government on Wednesday reiterated its demand to the Centre for enhancing the package for the return and rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits in the Valley.
"The Cabinet which met under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah reiterated its earlier decision regarding the enhancement of relief package for the return and rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits," an official spokesman said after the meeting.
The spokesman said the Cabinet also asked the Revenue Department to work out the modalities for the implementation of the package and send it to the Union Government.
In another decision, the Cabinet approved restructuring of the Auxiliary Police Battalions, which are now known as State Disaster Response Force (SDRF).
The spokesman said sanction was accorded to the creation of 60 posts of different categories by corresponding reduction of 86 posts in the two Auxiliary Police Battalions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what