Kashmiri Pandits` rehabilitation: J&K demands enhanced package from Centre
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government on Wednesday reiterated its demand to the Centre for enhancing the package for the return and rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits in the Valley.
"The Cabinet which met under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah reiterated its earlier decision regarding the enhancement of relief package for the return and rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits," an official spokesman said after the meeting.
The spokesman said the Cabinet also asked the Revenue Department to work out the modalities for the implementation of the package and send it to the Union Government.
In another decision, the Cabinet approved restructuring of the Auxiliary Police Battalions, which are now known as State Disaster Response Force (SDRF).
The spokesman said sanction was accorded to the creation of 60 posts of different categories by corresponding reduction of 86 posts in the two Auxiliary Police Battalions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman