Kashmiri Pandits to protest against JK govt over Shrines Bill
Jammu: A committee of Kashmiri Pandits today said they would protest against Jammu and Kashmir government for failing to accede to their six demands including passing of the pending Temples and Shrines Bill and a probe into alleged encroachment of temple land in the Valley.
The All Parties Migrants Co-ordination Committee, an amalgam of several political and social organizations, will hold a protest demonstration at Lal Chowk in Srinagar on June 4 in support of their six-points charter of demands, APMCC Chairman Vinod Pandit told reporters here.
Pandit claimed the state government had "cheated" them on two previous occasions by making false assurances of addressing their six demands, but nothing was done about it.
"I went on hunger strike twice in the past to press for the demands-- once on 10-day long fast in Jammu in 2011 and a 15-day long hunger strike in Porbandar. On both the occasions the JK government assured that they would address the demands but nothing fruitful came before us," Pandit alleged.
The six points charter of demands include passing of the pending Kashmir Temples and Shrines Bill in state Assembly, probe into the multi-crore temples and shrines land encroachment in Kashmir, dialogue with Pakistan for facilitating visit to Mata Shardha Peet Temple in PoK (Pakistan), establishment of Mata Sharda Peet University in JK, one time compensation for over-aged Migrant Kashmiri Hindu Youth and special employment package for non-migrant Hindus of Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick