Kashmiri Pandits to take up shrines bill issue at national level
Jammu: A body representing Kashmiri Pandits on Tuesday said it will meet Congress President Sonia Gandhi and other national leaders to press for its demand of passage of the Hindu Shrines Bill in Jammu and Kashmir.
In a meeting held here, the PN Bhat Memorial Trust decided to approach the national leaders and apprise them about the shrines which are in urgent need of maintenance, trust`s spokesperson RL Bhat said.
"We will take up the matter to Sonia Gandhi, Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi and the leaders of opposition and other parties," he said.
On April 10, a delegation of Kashmir Pandits had met Chief Minister Omar Abdullah to discuss passage of the bill.
In the recent budget session, the J&K Assembly had sent the bill to a Select Committee of the House, amid opposition by some members who sought its passage in the original form.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city