Kashmiri Pandits to take up shrines bill issue at national level
Jammu: A body representing Kashmiri Pandits on Tuesday said it will meet Congress President Sonia Gandhi and other national leaders to press for its demand of passage of the Hindu Shrines Bill in Jammu and Kashmir.
In a meeting held here, the PN Bhat Memorial Trust decided to approach the national leaders and apprise them about the shrines which are in urgent need of maintenance, trust`s spokesperson RL Bhat said.
"We will take up the matter to Sonia Gandhi, Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi and the leaders of opposition and other parties," he said.
On April 10, a delegation of Kashmir Pandits had met Chief Minister Omar Abdullah to discuss passage of the bill.
In the recent budget session, the J&K Assembly had sent the bill to a Select Committee of the House, amid opposition by some members who sought its passage in the original form.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday