Kashmiri separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani put under house arrest
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani was today placed under house arrest, a day ahead of his scheduled visit to Tral town in south Kashmir Pulwama district.
"Geelani has been placed under house arrest this morning again. A large posse of policemen has been deployed outside the chairman`s house at Hyderpora," a spokesman of the Hurriyat said.
Geelani was released on October 29, this year after 235 days of house arrest. He was put under house arrest in March after he returned from Delhi.
Soon after he was released, Geelani addressed public rallies in Sopore, Shopian, Kupwara and Pulwama areas of the Valley.
However, he was put under house arrest again on November 16, a day ahead of his rally in Pattan area of Baramulla district.
The curbs on Geelani`s movements were lifted on November 23. The Hurriyat hawk, who has launched a poll boycott campaign, is planning to hold a big rally in Srinagar on December 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!