Kashmiri separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani put under house arrest
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani was today placed under house arrest, a day ahead of his scheduled visit to Tral town in south Kashmir Pulwama district.
"Geelani has been placed under house arrest this morning again. A large posse of policemen has been deployed outside the chairman`s house at Hyderpora," a spokesman of the Hurriyat said.
Geelani was released on October 29, this year after 235 days of house arrest. He was put under house arrest in March after he returned from Delhi.
Soon after he was released, Geelani addressed public rallies in Sopore, Shopian, Kupwara and Pulwama areas of the Valley.
However, he was put under house arrest again on November 16, a day ahead of his rally in Pattan area of Baramulla district.
The curbs on Geelani`s movements were lifted on November 23. The Hurriyat hawk, who has launched a poll boycott campaign, is planning to hold a big rally in Srinagar on December 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?