Kashmiri separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani put under house arrest
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani was today placed under house arrest, a day ahead of his scheduled visit to Tral town in south Kashmir Pulwama district.
"Geelani has been placed under house arrest this morning again. A large posse of policemen has been deployed outside the chairman`s house at Hyderpora," a spokesman of the Hurriyat said.
Geelani was released on October 29, this year after 235 days of house arrest. He was put under house arrest in March after he returned from Delhi.
Soon after he was released, Geelani addressed public rallies in Sopore, Shopian, Kupwara and Pulwama areas of the Valley.
However, he was put under house arrest again on November 16, a day ahead of his rally in Pattan area of Baramulla district.
The curbs on Geelani`s movements were lifted on November 23. The Hurriyat hawk, who has launched a poll boycott campaign, is planning to hold a big rally in Srinagar on December 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...