Kashmiri separatists to meet Pak foreign secretary
New Delhi: Separatists from Kashmir, including Hurriyat Conference, will be meeting the Pakistani foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jilani ahead of his talks with his Indian counterpart Ranjan Mathai.
An invitation was sent to moderate Hurriyat Conference faction led by Mirwaiz Umer Farooq and JKLF chief Yasin Malik while a telephone call was made to the hardline faction of Hurriyat Syed Ali Shah Geelani.
Geelani said he had received a telephone call from the Pakistan High Commission inviting him for consultation with the visiting Pakistani foreign secretary.
"However, a final decision will be taken once the advisory council of Hurriyat meet," he said.
The new High Commissioner designate Salman Bashir will also be present at the meetings.
The Mirwaiz said that he would be leading an eight member delegation to meet the Pakistani foreign secretary and hold consultations on the Kashmir issue.
"After all Kashmir is the main issue between India and Pakistan and needs serious discussions," he said.
The meeting is expected on July 3.
Indian Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai will hold talks with his Pakistani counterpart Jalil Abbas Jilani in New Delhi on July 4 and 5 to discuss peace and security, including CBMs, Kashmir and promotion of friendly exchanges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter