Kashmiri separatists to meet Pak foreign secretary
New Delhi: Separatists from Kashmir, including Hurriyat Conference, will be meeting the Pakistani foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jilani ahead of his talks with his Indian counterpart Ranjan Mathai.
An invitation was sent to moderate Hurriyat Conference faction led by Mirwaiz Umer Farooq and JKLF chief Yasin Malik while a telephone call was made to the hardline faction of Hurriyat Syed Ali Shah Geelani.
Geelani said he had received a telephone call from the Pakistan High Commission inviting him for consultation with the visiting Pakistani foreign secretary.
"However, a final decision will be taken once the advisory council of Hurriyat meet," he said.
The new High Commissioner designate Salman Bashir will also be present at the meetings.
The Mirwaiz said that he would be leading an eight member delegation to meet the Pakistani foreign secretary and hold consultations on the Kashmir issue.
"After all Kashmir is the main issue between India and Pakistan and needs serious discussions," he said.
The meeting is expected on July 3.
Indian Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai will hold talks with his Pakistani counterpart Jalil Abbas Jilani in New Delhi on July 4 and 5 to discuss peace and security, including CBMs, Kashmir and promotion of friendly exchanges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range