Kashmiri student beaten by seniors in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A 22-year-old Kashmiri student of a reputed private institute here was allegedly beaten up by a group of seniors when he screamed after suffering an electric shock in the hostel`s washroom.
According to police, the incident took place late on Tuesday night when Omar, who is pursuing BCA course from a private institute situated on National Highway 58 near Duhai area, was taking bath in the hostel washroom.
Following the incident, around 100 Kashmiri students studying at the institute staged protest against the assault last night and demanded strict action against the seniors.
"When Omar was taking a bath in the institute`s hostel washroom, he suddenly got an electric shock from a wire following which he loudly screamed. This angered his seniors, who were standing outside the washroom," police said.
"The victim alleged that after hearing his screams, his seniors, who were 2nd and 3rd year students of B Tech, started beating him," the police said.
The officer also said police have recorded the statements of Kashmiri student and accused senior students.
Meanwhile, the institute has constituted a 12-member committee to investigate the matter.
The Institute management said that if any student is found guilty, strict action would be taken in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh