Kashmiri student beaten by seniors in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A 22-year-old Kashmiri student of a reputed private institute here was allegedly beaten up by a group of seniors when he screamed after suffering an electric shock in the hostel`s washroom.
According to police, the incident took place late on Tuesday night when Omar, who is pursuing BCA course from a private institute situated on National Highway 58 near Duhai area, was taking bath in the hostel washroom.
Following the incident, around 100 Kashmiri students studying at the institute staged protest against the assault last night and demanded strict action against the seniors.
"When Omar was taking a bath in the institute`s hostel washroom, he suddenly got an electric shock from a wire following which he loudly screamed. This angered his seniors, who were standing outside the washroom," police said.
"The victim alleged that after hearing his screams, his seniors, who were 2nd and 3rd year students of B Tech, started beating him," the police said.
The officer also said police have recorded the statements of Kashmiri student and accused senior students.
Meanwhile, the institute has constituted a 12-member committee to investigate the matter.
The Institute management said that if any student is found guilty, strict action would be taken in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday