`Kashmiri youths from PoK trying to enter India via Nepal`
New Delhi: Intelligence agencies have reported that Kashmiri youths, including former militants, from Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK) and Pakistan are attempting to enter India via Nepal, Defence Minister A K Antony said on Wednesday.
"There have been intelligence reports to indicate attempts to enter Jammu and Kashmir by Kashmiri youth from PoK/Pakistan including former militant operatives via Nepal," Antony told the Rajya Sabha in a written reply.
The Minister stated this in response to a question as to whether Kashmiri militants based in PoK are trying to return to Jammu and Kashmir through illegal routes including that via Nepal, misusing the government`s liberal rehabilitation policy.
In response to the query on misuse of rehabilitation policy, the Defence Minister said, "It cannot be said with certainty that the transit corridor of Nepal has been used under the `Policy and Procedure for return of ex-militants from PoK/Pak to J&K` scheme of the state government."
On steps taken by the government to prevent such infiltration attempts, he said that all agencies concerned coordinate in verifying antecedents of returnees by sharing information and data.
Replying to a query on spying activities in the armed forces, Antony said three cases of spying by army personnel had been reported in the last three years and appropriate action had been initiated in this regard.
"Three cases of spying have been reported in the last three years where serving army personnel were found allegedly involved in spying activities. These accused army personnel have been arrested in these cases."
On action taken after these incidents of spying by service personnel came to notice, Antony said the cases are at different stages of trial at Civil and Military courts.
"Some inimical intelligence agencies have been reported to be allegedly involved in spying activities. Appropriate measures are concurrently in place to prevent recurrence of such incidents."
Antony also told the House that two infiltration attempts were recorded in Jammu and Kashmir in November this year and two terrorists were killed in the following encounters.
"Two infiltration attempts were reported, one on November 8 and another on November 13 in Keran and Naugam sectors respectively. Both attempts were foiled by the Army. Two terrorists were killed in each of these encounters. In Nov 13 incident, three jawans were martyred while two jawans were injured," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal