Kashmiri youths thinking of other options: Geelani
Srinagar: Hurriyat hawk Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Monday claimed Kashmiri youths are thinking of a recourse to armed struggle if the government continues to deny political space to separatists.
If the current policies continue, "our youth will opt for the other way. They are thinking about other options," Geelani told reporters at his Hyderpora residence here.
When asked if "other options" meant return to 1990 when militancy had erupted in Kashmir, he said "it is very obvious".
The chairman of the hardline faction of the Hurriyat Conference said his party had never opted for confrontation.
"We have never opted for confrontation, we have always put forward our policies in a positive manner," Geelani, who is under house arrest, said.
"Our party believes there should be no confrontation and no enmity on the basis of political differences," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!