Kathua district gets first women police station
Kathua (J&K): Kathua border district of Jammu and Kashmir has got its first women police station.
The all-women police station was inaugurated today by Deputy Commissioner (Kathua) Zahida Khan, accompanied by Superintendent of Police Atul Kumar Geol and J&K Women cooperative society chairperson Kailesh Kumari here.
This is first of its kind police station in Kathua district, where "women victims may avail an opportunity to get justice in various social crimes," Khan said while addressing women and social activists present on the occasion.
Geol said victims could approach women police officers to highlight their grievances without any fear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog