Kathua district gets first women police station
Kathua (J&K): Kathua border district of Jammu and Kashmir has got its first women police station.
The all-women police station was inaugurated today by Deputy Commissioner (Kathua) Zahida Khan, accompanied by Superintendent of Police Atul Kumar Geol and J&K Women cooperative society chairperson Kailesh Kumari here.
This is first of its kind police station in Kathua district, where "women victims may avail an opportunity to get justice in various social crimes," Khan said while addressing women and social activists present on the occasion.
Geol said victims could approach women police officers to highlight their grievances without any fear.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'