Katra railway station to be commissioned by March
Jammu: The Katra railway station would be operational by March next year helping connect the base camp of Mata Vaishnodevi shrine in Trikuta hills to other parts of the state.
"Railway station Katra would be made operational by March 2013", Divisional Railway Manager, Firozpur Division Northern Railway, Naresh Chand Goyal informed a high-level meeting.
Around 14 passenger trains would run on the Udhampur-Katra route which is expected to meet the heavy influx of passengers, he added.
Goyal informed that the Ground Floor at Railway Station Katra would include current reservation, IInd Class booking, enquiry section, pilgrim guide tourist assistance, VIP lounge, Cloak Room, waiting hall, book stall, tea stall, toilet blocks and catering area and the first floor would accommodate 8 retiring rooms and a cafeteria.
Taking stock of the services at Railway Station Katra for a smooth and comfortable journey, various issues were discussed, which included shifting of bus stand of Katra, parking of vehicles and other facilities.
The Divisional Commissioner, Jammu, Pradeep Gupta, who attended the meeting directed Deputy Commissioner, Reasi, to ensure that no illegal construction and encroachment would erupt nearby Katra Railway Station and construction would be executed strictly according to Katra Master Plan.
He stressed on the traffic authorities to prepare a decongestion plan for smooth regulation of traffic in Katra.
Issues of proper parking facilities at Railway Station Katra, regular water and power supply and installation of signages on the approach road were also discussed threadbare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India