Katra railway station to be commissioned by March
Jammu: The Katra railway station would be operational by March next year helping connect the base camp of Mata Vaishnodevi shrine in Trikuta hills to other parts of the state.
"Railway station Katra would be made operational by March 2013", Divisional Railway Manager, Firozpur Division Northern Railway, Naresh Chand Goyal informed a high-level meeting.
Around 14 passenger trains would run on the Udhampur-Katra route which is expected to meet the heavy influx of passengers, he added.
Goyal informed that the Ground Floor at Railway Station Katra would include current reservation, IInd Class booking, enquiry section, pilgrim guide tourist assistance, VIP lounge, Cloak Room, waiting hall, book stall, tea stall, toilet blocks and catering area and the first floor would accommodate 8 retiring rooms and a cafeteria.
Taking stock of the services at Railway Station Katra for a smooth and comfortable journey, various issues were discussed, which included shifting of bus stand of Katra, parking of vehicles and other facilities.
The Divisional Commissioner, Jammu, Pradeep Gupta, who attended the meeting directed Deputy Commissioner, Reasi, to ensure that no illegal construction and encroachment would erupt nearby Katra Railway Station and construction would be executed strictly according to Katra Master Plan.
He stressed on the traffic authorities to prepare a decongestion plan for smooth regulation of traffic in Katra.
Issues of proper parking facilities at Railway Station Katra, regular water and power supply and installation of signages on the approach road were also discussed threadbare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now, Nashik farmers sell fresh grapes online!
- Watch: Paraplegic Deepa Malik talks about her achievements!
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Mumbai: Mobile app to fight ISIS influence among youth across India
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen