KCCI lauds Omar over UK`s withdrawal of travel advisory for JK
Srinagar: The Kashmir Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI) on Saturday lauded the efforts of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah in persuading the British government to revoke the negative travel advisory for some parts of the state.
"The KCCI hails the efforts of the state government, particularly by the Chief Minister, in advocating and the British Government agreeing to remove the advisory to their citizens to travel to Jammu and Kashmir," the apex trade body of Kashmir said in a statement here.
The chamber also expressed hope that the state government will put similar efforts in persuading other countries to revoke the negative travel advisories for visiting the state.
"We hope that the state government will put similar efforts in getting advisory removed by other countries as well which will be a big boost for tourism industry," the KCCI said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler