KCCI lauds Omar over UK`s withdrawal of travel advisory for JK
Srinagar: The Kashmir Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI) on Saturday lauded the efforts of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah in persuading the British government to revoke the negative travel advisory for some parts of the state.
"The KCCI hails the efforts of the state government, particularly by the Chief Minister, in advocating and the British Government agreeing to remove the advisory to their citizens to travel to Jammu and Kashmir," the apex trade body of Kashmir said in a statement here.
The chamber also expressed hope that the state government will put similar efforts in persuading other countries to revoke the negative travel advisories for visiting the state.
"We hope that the state government will put similar efforts in getting advisory removed by other countries as well which will be a big boost for tourism industry," the KCCI said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read