KP organisation asks govt to increase cash relief
Jammu: The APEX advisory committee for migrants on Monday came out in support of the Kashmiri Pandits, demanding an increase in the cash relief for the displaced community, and warned that if their genuine demands are not listened to they will be forced to go on an agitation against the government.
Some of the relief holders have been on dharna outside the relief commissioners office here from the past 78 days and they have said that if the government does not act on their demands immediately, they will resort to a fast unto death.
Meanwhile, the members of the APEX body said they will move to Delhi, if the state government failed to redress the genuine issues of the agitating Kashmiri Pandits.
The organisation, however, said they have apprised minister for revenue, relief and rehabilitation Raman Bhalla about the issue and added that the minister has assured them that they will discuss the issue in the next cabinet meeting.
"Bhalla has assured the members that the memo in this regard has already been sent for consideration in the next cabinet meeting", one of the APEX committee members said.
"Bhalla also said that the genuine demands as committed by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah will be taken to a logical conclusion", he added.
The members of the APEX body, meanwhile, also raised their concern over the pending issues of implementation of employment package and passage of an ordinance for the Shrine and Temple Bill.
The members while raising their concern over the amount of cash relief currently given to the KP migrants said it was very difficult for the people to survive on a meagre amount of Rs 5,000 under the current situation and urged the government to consider their demand to raise the amount to Rs 12,000 per month.
"It is very difficult to sustain on such an amount, so we request the government to raise the cash relief to Rs 12,000 at least", said one of the members.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists