KP outfits displeased over Bhalla`s shift from Revenue Minister
Jammu: Expressing displeasure over the shifting of Raman Bhalla to Housing and Culture Ministry in the recent cabinet reshuffle in J&K, Kashmiri Pandits on Sunday said the community had benefited most under his leadership as Revenue, Relief and Rehabilitation Minister.
Several KP leaders said it was because of Bhalla`s sincere efforts that problems being faced by the community had reduced to a large extent.
"The implementation of Prime Minister`s package would not have become a reality had former Revenue, Relief and Rehabilitation Minister Raman Bhalla not taken personal interest," All State Kashmiri Pandit Conference President Hira Lal Chatta said.
Despite hurdles, Bhalla took the challenge of implementing the employment package and got orders for adjustment of 2000 Kashmiri Pandit youths issued, he said.
Bhalla was shifted from the Ministry of Revenue, Relief and Rehabilitation to Housing, Horticulture and Culture Ministry in the January 15 cabinet reshuffle by the Omar Abdullah government.
Bhalla`s shift to Housing, Horticulture and Culture Ministry has added to the resentment of the community towards the government who had been unhappy over their dismal representation in the cabinet over the years.
The leaders now hoped the new Revenue Minister Aijaz Ahmed Khan would tackle the migrant problems similarly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress