KP outfits displeased over Bhalla`s shift from Revenue Minister
Jammu: Expressing displeasure over the shifting of Raman Bhalla to Housing and Culture Ministry in the recent cabinet reshuffle in J&K, Kashmiri Pandits on Sunday said the community had benefited most under his leadership as Revenue, Relief and Rehabilitation Minister.
Several KP leaders said it was because of Bhalla`s sincere efforts that problems being faced by the community had reduced to a large extent.
"The implementation of Prime Minister`s package would not have become a reality had former Revenue, Relief and Rehabilitation Minister Raman Bhalla not taken personal interest," All State Kashmiri Pandit Conference President Hira Lal Chatta said.
Despite hurdles, Bhalla took the challenge of implementing the employment package and got orders for adjustment of 2000 Kashmiri Pandit youths issued, he said.
Bhalla was shifted from the Ministry of Revenue, Relief and Rehabilitation to Housing, Horticulture and Culture Ministry in the January 15 cabinet reshuffle by the Omar Abdullah government.
Bhalla`s shift to Housing, Horticulture and Culture Ministry has added to the resentment of the community towards the government who had been unhappy over their dismal representation in the cabinet over the years.
The leaders now hoped the new Revenue Minister Aijaz Ahmed Khan would tackle the migrant problems similarly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe