KPs demand hike in monthly relief, hold protests i
Jammu: Demanding enhancement of monthly relief, Kashmiri Migrant Relief Holders on Tuesday held a protest demonstration against the Centre and Jammu and Kashmir government for their silence on the issue.
Over 150 migrant relief holders assembled at the Relief Commissioner`s office and held protest demonstration demanding enhancement of relief.
"We are on strike for past several months in support of our demand for enhancement of monthly relief but central government has turned a blind eye with a proposal of enhancement of relief submitted to it by the state government," Leader of Relief holders, Rakesh Bhat told reporters here.
"If our demands are not met, we will be forced to take on streets", he said.
The central government should immediately approve the proposal of increase of relief, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB