KPs demand hike in monthly relief, hold protests i
Jammu: Demanding enhancement of monthly relief, Kashmiri Migrant Relief Holders on Tuesday held a protest demonstration against the Centre and Jammu and Kashmir government for their silence on the issue.
Over 150 migrant relief holders assembled at the Relief Commissioner`s office and held protest demonstration demanding enhancement of relief.
"We are on strike for past several months in support of our demand for enhancement of monthly relief but central government has turned a blind eye with a proposal of enhancement of relief submitted to it by the state government," Leader of Relief holders, Rakesh Bhat told reporters here.
"If our demands are not met, we will be forced to take on streets", he said.
The central government should immediately approve the proposal of increase of relief, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates