KPs demand hike in monthly relief, hold protests i
Jammu: Demanding enhancement of monthly relief, Kashmiri Migrant Relief Holders on Tuesday held a protest demonstration against the Centre and Jammu and Kashmir government for their silence on the issue.
Over 150 migrant relief holders assembled at the Relief Commissioner`s office and held protest demonstration demanding enhancement of relief.
"We are on strike for past several months in support of our demand for enhancement of monthly relief but central government has turned a blind eye with a proposal of enhancement of relief submitted to it by the state government," Leader of Relief holders, Rakesh Bhat told reporters here.
"If our demands are not met, we will be forced to take on streets", he said.
The central government should immediately approve the proposal of increase of relief, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley