KPs demand hike in monthly relief, hold protests i
Jammu: Demanding enhancement of monthly relief, Kashmiri Migrant Relief Holders on Tuesday held a protest demonstration against the Centre and Jammu and Kashmir government for their silence on the issue.
Over 150 migrant relief holders assembled at the Relief Commissioner`s office and held protest demonstration demanding enhancement of relief.
"We are on strike for past several months in support of our demand for enhancement of monthly relief but central government has turned a blind eye with a proposal of enhancement of relief submitted to it by the state government," Leader of Relief holders, Rakesh Bhat told reporters here.
"If our demands are not met, we will be forced to take on streets", he said.
The central government should immediately approve the proposal of increase of relief, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men