KPs demand hike in monthly relief, hold protests i
Jammu: Demanding enhancement of monthly relief, Kashmiri Migrant Relief Holders on Tuesday held a protest demonstration against the Centre and Jammu and Kashmir government for their silence on the issue.
Over 150 migrant relief holders assembled at the Relief Commissioner`s office and held protest demonstration demanding enhancement of relief.
"We are on strike for past several months in support of our demand for enhancement of monthly relief but central government has turned a blind eye with a proposal of enhancement of relief submitted to it by the state government," Leader of Relief holders, Rakesh Bhat told reporters here.
"If our demands are not met, we will be forced to take on streets", he said.
The central government should immediately approve the proposal of increase of relief, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!