KPs revive tradition of immersing ashes after 2 decades
Jammu: Reviving their tradition, the displaced Kashmiri Pandits today for the first time after migration from Kashmir Valley immersed the ashes of their dead beginning with that of veteran KP leader Pandit Amar Nath Vaishnavi.
"Keeping with the tradition, we have immersed ashes of veteran KP leader All State Kashmiri Pandit Conference (ASKPC) president Vaishnavi for the first time after decades today amids rituals at Kashmir`s Prayag-Sahahipora in the Valley", Zeishta Devi Prabandhik Committee (ZDPC) president B B Bhat told news agency.
Vaishnavi, who had recently died in Jammu, had led the Kashmir Pandit (KP) community for past several decades playing an active role in providing relief and food to the displaced KPs after their migration in 1990.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games