KPs revive tradition of immersing ashes after 2 decades
Jammu: Reviving their tradition, the displaced Kashmiri Pandits today for the first time after migration from Kashmir Valley immersed the ashes of their dead beginning with that of veteran KP leader Pandit Amar Nath Vaishnavi.
"Keeping with the tradition, we have immersed ashes of veteran KP leader All State Kashmiri Pandit Conference (ASKPC) president Vaishnavi for the first time after decades today amids rituals at Kashmir`s Prayag-Sahahipora in the Valley", Zeishta Devi Prabandhik Committee (ZDPC) president B B Bhat told news agency.
Vaishnavi, who had recently died in Jammu, had led the Kashmir Pandit (KP) community for past several decades playing an active role in providing relief and food to the displaced KPs after their migration in 1990.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'