KPs revive tradition of immersing ashes after 2 decades
Jammu: Reviving their tradition, the displaced Kashmiri Pandits today for the first time after migration from Kashmir Valley immersed the ashes of their dead beginning with that of veteran KP leader Pandit Amar Nath Vaishnavi.
"Keeping with the tradition, we have immersed ashes of veteran KP leader All State Kashmiri Pandit Conference (ASKPC) president Vaishnavi for the first time after decades today amids rituals at Kashmir`s Prayag-Sahahipora in the Valley", Zeishta Devi Prabandhik Committee (ZDPC) president B B Bhat told news agency.
Vaishnavi, who had recently died in Jammu, had led the Kashmir Pandit (KP) community for past several decades playing an active role in providing relief and food to the displaced KPs after their migration in 1990.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city