KPs revive tradition of immersing ashes after 2 decades
Jammu: Reviving their tradition, the displaced Kashmiri Pandits today for the first time after migration from Kashmir Valley immersed the ashes of their dead beginning with that of veteran KP leader Pandit Amar Nath Vaishnavi.
"Keeping with the tradition, we have immersed ashes of veteran KP leader All State Kashmiri Pandit Conference (ASKPC) president Vaishnavi for the first time after decades today amids rituals at Kashmir`s Prayag-Sahahipora in the Valley", Zeishta Devi Prabandhik Committee (ZDPC) president B B Bhat told news agency.
Vaishnavi, who had recently died in Jammu, had led the Kashmir Pandit (KP) community for past several decades playing an active role in providing relief and food to the displaced KPs after their migration in 1990.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?