KPs revive tradition of immersing ashes after 2 decades
Jammu: Reviving their tradition, the displaced Kashmiri Pandits today for the first time after migration from Kashmir Valley immersed the ashes of their dead beginning with that of veteran KP leader Pandit Amar Nath Vaishnavi.
"Keeping with the tradition, we have immersed ashes of veteran KP leader All State Kashmiri Pandit Conference (ASKPC) president Vaishnavi for the first time after decades today amids rituals at Kashmir`s Prayag-Sahahipora in the Valley", Zeishta Devi Prabandhik Committee (ZDPC) president B B Bhat told news agency.
Vaishnavi, who had recently died in Jammu, had led the Kashmir Pandit (KP) community for past several decades playing an active role in providing relief and food to the displaced KPs after their migration in 1990.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year